The panini recipe is so easy and incredibly delicious & healthy! I absolutely love eggplant because it has that “meaty” taste and with the fresh herbs and mozzarella it just melts in your mouth. Serve with my delicious homemade baked sweet potato fries and you will be in health eating-heaven! 🙂
What you will need:
- 1 eggplant sliced thin
- olive oil
- garlic, chopped
- French bread or bread of choice
- fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- ground pepper to taste
- Panini maker or small grill
1. In medium bowl, mix sliced eggplant, chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped basil, ground paper to taste.
2. In a large pan, pan-grill the eggplant for about 7 minutes on each side, until crispy. (you can also grill the eggplant if you choose.)
3. Once eggplant is cooked, take french bread and add a little olive oil to bread.
4. Stack eggplant, tomatoes, basil, arugula, and sliced mozzarella onto sandwich.
5. Spray panini maker with non stick oil (i used coconut oil) and press. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
6. Enjoy. Serve with my homemade sweet potato fried recipe is here.