My makeup routine is very simple. I usually put on tinted moisturizer with SPF and put on my Bare Minerals Bronzer and some mascara. It’s quick & easy and great for everyday but I needed some tips for a more formal look for the holidays. Luckily, my friend Liz Adams is a makeup guru and Mary Kay ambassador so she taught me some holiday makeup tips.
1. Start with a clean, fresh face with moisturizer.
2. Apply small dabs of foundation to forehead, cheekbones, nose, and chin. (Mary Kay used here.)
3. Blend in makeup with clean makeup brush.
4. Add bronzer where the “sun would naturally hit you.” ie- Nose, forehead and cheeks.
5. Finish with translucent powder (Mary Kay used here.)
1. Start with a base of eye primer and use a light champagne colored shimmery eye shadow focused on the inner half of the eyelid.
3. Next, sweep a shimmery gold color across the outer half of the lid.
4.Use a darker eye shadow in the crease on the upper eyelid. We chose a mix of darker gold & brown but you could use a pop of color to match your holiday dress!
5. Using a slightly lighter brown hue, blend the dark shadow to soften the line within the crease.
6. Bring the same color down and around the outer corner of the lower lash line.
7. Finely line the upper lash line with liquid eyeliner. For the “cat-eye” effect, brush a thin line out and wing out.
8. Complete the holiday look with a couple coats of black mascara!
8 thoughts on “Holiday Shimmer Makeup Tutorial”
Your makeup looks so pretty!
pretty make up my dear and I love your bright smile 🙂
Love your pretty eyeshadow! It looks very similar to my go-to party look!!
This is so perfect for the holidays, especially with those New Year’s parties coming up. If you’re like most of us and are looking for ways to save money after some big holiday spending, check out Dorco. We’re a shaving company and we provide razors that cost up to 70% less than leading brands. Read what others think about our products and see our prices for yourself at DorcoUSA.com. Thanks again for this great tutorial!
Beautiful Makeup! You look gorgeous!
Lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other? 🙂