In Connecticut, it is a beautiful snowy day which can be fun when there are Christmas movies on all day. The snowy scenery and festive movies made me want to whip up a holiday treat that was yummy yet not too time consuming. I remembered I bought these amazing Peppermint Oreos which taste like candy canes & chocolate (who can resist?). This recipe is no bake and takes only a few ingredients and makes for the perfect holiday treat to share.
- Your favorite oreo flavor (I used peppermint for holidays)
- Chocolate bark or discs to melt (I used milk and dark chocolate)
- Sprinkles of choice (I had mini gingerbread sprinkles & multi-colored)
1. Melt chocolate. I did it in the microwave. Stop every 30 seconds and stir.
2. Set aside several sheets of wax paper. When your oreos set, they will peel off easily!
3. Once the chocolate is melted, use a spoon or tongs to dunk oreos in the chocolate. Make sure they are completely covered. Set on wax paper.
4. Decorate with sprinkles before melted chocolate sets.
5. Let sit in fridge for about a half hour.
6. Once chocolate is hard, place in fun jars and decorate to hand out as holiday gifts!