It is so fun to entertain and get people together, especially during the holidays. If you are hosting a fun dinner party or holiday cocktail get-together, what are your tips? Here are some of mine.
1. Have great serving dishes. I was lucky to get some amazing wedding gifts and adorable serving platters were some of my fave gifts. From the wooden tray that holds dip and sides, to the adorable chalkboard cheese platter, it makes hosting that much more entertaining!
2. Take advantage of peoples’ skills! I was lucky enough for my last gathering to have a chef come over and she made homemade pumpkin crème brulee, something that I would have never pulled off. If you know someone makes awesome martinis or an amazing appetizers, don’t be shy to have them bring their favorite dish!
3. Build Up Your Pantry. Have items that make entertaining easy regularly on hand. Try keeping a jar of salsa, some great spreads, assorted crackers, nuts, chocolates and cheese. You never know when you might have people over!
4. Set the mood. Have your favorite Pandora station ready and dim the lights to create a fun, relaxing environment.
5. Have entertainment ready. Of course people love to chat and eat but a deck of cards or a few board games may come in handy with a fun group. I love Texas Holdem’ and Apples to Apples.
6. Have fun! No one wants an uptight hostess. Entertain your guests and don’t be stuck in the kitchen all night. People came to see you too!
14 thoughts on “Hostess with the Mostess”
Aw, I love the chalk platter! This all looks like so much fun!
Great tips! That pumpkin creme brulee looks amazing!!
Such a beautiful set up! I especially love the cheeseboard.
I love these tips! That pumpkin creme breulee looks incredible and that chalkboard platter is adorable. I love playing hostess!
Great tips! Those little, pumpkin pies? creme brulee? are so cute!
Great entertaining tips! Love the cheese board.
So cute! Love the chalk/slate platter. And your top is adorable btw! 🙂
Great tips! I love the chalkboard tray. And your shirt is so, so cute!
such good ideas! And everything looks so yummy!!
Love the cheese plate idea! Check out With Love Ragan http://www.withloveragan.com for amazing holiday dress.
Like us on Facebook for 20% off your first order http://www.facebook.com/withloveragan.
Great tips, my family loves getting together and playing cards as well.