Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with joy & delicious food. With that said, during this holiday season it is hard to stay on a healthy track with all the holiday treats around. My idea is that the next holiday gathering I go to, I am bringing a healthy dessert because when there are delicious healthy choices amongst the cookies, brownies, and cheesecakes, it may make healthy choice just a little easier.
- 10-ounces frozen, unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine strawberry mixture and yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to whisk egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add egg whites into the mixture and stir until smooth. Spoon into serving glasses and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with mint just before serving.
*You can also add angel food cake to this recipe which is a very light cake.