Halloween is just around the corner and even as an adult, Halloween never gets old. I love all the fun costumes and creative snacks. Here is a cute, easy cupcake recipe that will get you in the Halloween spirit.
- 24 cupcakes (baked from your favorite recipe.. I like Devil’s Foodcake)
- Orange frosting
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of shortening
- Bugles Corn Snacks
- Chocolate-covered mints or cookies (such as Grasshopper Fudge Mints)
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with the orange frosting.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the top of a double boiler or microwave. One at a time, dip the Bugles into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to help coat them completely, then set each one on a chocolate-covered mint or cookie.
- Chill the hats in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, then place each one on top of the cupcake.
Below are some other fun Halloween cupcake ideas.