Father’s Day is coming up & everyone loves cupcakes, right? I certainly do. For some reason they are so much more fun than cake because you can do so much more… and they are easy! I have a Martha Stewart decorating kit on my registry & I am so excited to use it. Many men in my life love golf and there are very few cupcakes that are not super girl. These are the perfect cupcake for your dad, boyfriend, brother or any guy in your life.
What you’ll need:
- vanilla or white cake mix
- vanilla buttercream frosting
- green food coloring
- tooth pick
- construction paper
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box. Let cool.
- Add about 10 drips of green food coloring to most of the frosting (save a small amount in white to use for making the “golf balls”) and keep adding until desired “greenness” is achieved.
- Frost cupcakes with a decorative froster to make the texture raised like grass. (if you do not have a frosting tool, you can make your own by cutting the corner of a zip-lock bag.)
- Use the white frosting to make a small circle/dot to represent the golf ball
- To make the flags, cut out small triangles with construction paper & glue them to the toothpicks.
- Stick a flag in each cupcake and VOILA, you have the most masculine cupcake I’ve seen!
3 thoughts on “Tee-time Father’s Day Cupcakes”
That’s just too cool!
Wow, this is such a genius idea! I totally agree with you: most of the cupcakes decoration is ment for girls, and this is such a nice change!
Thanks for the inspiration, this post will totally be on my weekly “best of” list!