I threw my Dad a surprise Birthday party on Saturday & it was a hit. It was the first picnic of the season. It was so nice to sit outside under tents, have the grill cooking, and have a blast. This got me thinking to my favorite party appetizers. I like making appetizers that I can eat and I will not feel guilty about. One of my favorite appetizers that is so simple and a hit at all parties is Tomato, Basil Mozzarella Skewers. You can easily make for a small group or for an extremely large group and it’s virtually no preparation required. I got this recipe from my future mother-in-law.
- Bamboo skewers
- Package of grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Skewer 1 grape tomato, a basil leaf, and a mozzarella ball. Repeat to desired amount of skewers.
- Make sure the sharp edge of the skewer is not sticking out of the tomato.
- Place on a large tray and drizzle balsamic vinaigrette dressing on top.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve.