It’s barely mid-April and there is a heat advisory for most of CT. It will 90° today; perfect beach day but unfortunately it’s Monday morning. Here are some ways to cool off on an unexpectedly hot day:
1. Make Popsicles
Homemade Blueberry Popsicles. Filled with antioxidants and will sure cool you down.
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, washed and picked over
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
Place blueberries, milk and sugar in a blender, and blend until smooth. Add yogurt and blend briefly. Pour into eight 5-ounce paper cups. Cover each cup with a piece of foil wrap. Make a small slit in the center of the foil top and insert a wooden craft stick. Stand cups on a tray or in a baking dish. Freeze for 5-6 hours. Remove paper cups either by tearing them off or briefly immersing each cup in warm water then easing them off the popsicle.
2. Wear loose clothing. It’s hard for me to get away with a tank top and shorts in the office so wearing a loose top and capris or a flowy dress is the perfect way to look well put-together but also keep cool.
3. Wear your hair up. My hair usually frizzes in this heat so I throw it in a simple bony or cute bun.
4. Go light on the makeup. It’ll melt off anyway 😉 Try Neova tinted moisterizer with sunscreen. It blocks UVA & UVB rays.