We all have our quirky beauty routines that we swear by and it’s so fun to share them and learn something new. Although some may be quacky (as a teen I swore toothpaste cleared up my acne and I’m sure I am not alone), some of these bizarre beauty tips actually work. Here are my go-to beauty tips and I want to know… do you have any awesome beauty tips?
1. Always, no matter how tired or tipsy you are, wash off your makeup at night. I always keep a pack of hydrating makeup wipes with me if I travel so I can always take my makeup off. Truth is, no matter how great your makeup is, it will clog your pores overnight.
2. Petroleum Jelly is like my family’s Windex from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. My mom is from Poland and my grandma would hand me Vaseline and call it “Vazolina” in her cute, Polish accent and tell me to use it to cure pimples, small scratches and chafed lips. I still think it works better than any lip balm in the world!
3. Visine gets the red out, right? Well, it works on your face as well. If you have a blemish that is causing redness on your face, put a little Visine on it and it will take the red out. Voila!
4. I was out of shaving cream once and my cousin told me to use conditioner to shave because it softens the hair. It works just as well as shaving cream. Actually since then, I use cheap conditioners to shave my legs.
5. Re-use your old mascara wands. Sometimes I find the best mascara brush but not a fan of the actual product. You can wash the mascara wand and use in a different product or use on your eyebrows.
6. Clean your makeup brushes. Avoid makeup residue and bacteria. If you do not own a makeup brush cleaner can simply use shampoo and conditioner to clean your brushes.
27 thoughts on “Thrifty yet Fabulous Beauty”
I totally understand your families obsession with Vaseline! I use it religiously every night on my lips to keep them soft! I love that they now have different variations – I think the cocoa butter is my favourite! Xx
oooh I will have to try the cocoa butter one!
didn’t no the visine trick!
yes, works every time 🙂
I can get really lazy sometimes at night with my makeup….I really need to always force myself to do it!
Cleaning makeup brushes is an important one!! Great Post
Great post and great reminders to stay disciplined.
These are great! Thank you!
And thanks for your comment on my blog!
Would you like to follow each other?
genius about keeping the mascara brush..i never would have thought of that!
I never knew visine could help with pimples! I just heard about the conditioner trick but have tried it yet
That is such a smart idea to use Visine on pimples! I have to try that!
The Tiny Heart
I definitely need to be better about cleaning my makeup brushes. And that picture of you is gorgeous!
I am so using that mascara wand tip! There have been many that I’ve fallen in love with but moved on to different brands of mascara. So happy they can come along with me!
You look beautiful! xx
Great tips! Love the Vaseline / windex comparison! ~Ann
Great reminders to stay disciplined!!!
Stay in touch with me on BLOGLOVIN
Wow! You’re so beautiful! Love your hair. My daily beauty ritual is a peeling for my face while I’m taking a shower. I feel so fresh afterwards!
♥ http://www.sugarpopfashion.com ♥
Great tips! i will try the conditioner to shave my legs, i use soap but i think the conditioner would work better!
Thanks for sharing this very nice post!
Stay in touch with me on BLOGLOVIN
Wow what cool beauty tips…..I definitely cant go to bed without cleaning my face off!! And that Visine advice is a must-try!
i definitely tried the toothpaste on acne as a teen, as well!
Great post. I love the visine idea.
such great tips!
i actually never knew that about visine on a pimple…genius 🙂
Great tips, thanks for sharing! I also like the multi-purpose Vaseline petroleum jelly. 🙂
Vaseline is the best for lips 🙂 love the tinted rose one. I use it over lipsticks too to blend the colour and make it more natural looking x
Great post with really intresting information ! 🙂