These are the freakin cutest cupcakes I think I have ever seen. They are the ideal treat for a 4th of July BBQ. And they are so easy.. nothing more than a box of cake mix, jelly beans, eggs, and milk! Kids will absolutely LOVE them. So put your apron on, and get bakin’ girl. I got this recipe from Martha Stewart’s website.
- Vanilla Frosting
- Yellow liquid food coloring
- 24 Vanilla Cupcakes baked in white paper liners
- 3 1/2 cups small yellow, cream, or white jelly beans, such as Jelly Belly
- 4 pieces yellow fruit chews, such as Laffy Taffys or Starbursts
- 1 tablespoon black decorating sugar
- 1 tablespoon white decorating sugar
- 8 sets of corn holders (optional)
- Color the frosting pale yellow with food coloring.
- Working with 3 cupcakes at a time, frost cupcakes with yellow frosting. Arrange 5 rows of jelly beans, close together, on each cupcake. Place the 3 cupcakes side by side on a corn dish or serving platter to resemble an ear of corn. Repeat process with remaining cupcakes, frosting, and jelly beans.
- Cut the fruit chews into eight 1-inch squares. Soften the edges slightly by hand so that they look like melted butter. Place 1 square on top of each ear of corn. Sprinkle with sugars. Insert a corn holder in the end of each ear of corn, if using. Serve.