As some of you know, I recently went gluten-free due to a thyroid condition and I must say, it has been helping my energy level. I am less tired and feel like I have more energy. I had a Memorial Day picnic to go to and made these babies and they went faster than the regular cookies I made! The raw cookie dough was amazing; I couldn’t help myself taste as I was mixing all the ingredients together!
- 2 cups coconut flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 banana (very ripe)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl whisk together all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in chocolate chips
3.Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet leaving 2 inches apart. Bake 8-11 minutes or until edges just being to turn a golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and let cool at least 5 minutes on baking sheet. Enjoy these guilt-free delicious treats!