I LOVE fall. It brings back the happiest memories from childhood such as pumpkin carving, helping my mom bake apple pie, apple picking, dressing up for Halloween and amazing fall flavors. Of course, as we get more busy with work and life, it’s hard to find time to do some of these fun fall projects. This year, instead of pumpkin carving I am going to do pumpkin painting! It’s less mess and I figured our doorstep could use a little color. I picked pink with glitter because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and my husband is on the board of a fabulous breast cancer organization. Also, I love the metallic because it looks so rich and fancy!
What you’ll need:
- A few various size pumpkins based on preference
- A few cans of Krylon spray paint. I bought pink glitter, regular pink, and metallic colors. 🙂
- newspaper to avoid mess
DIY Painted Pumpkins:
- Start with your preferred size pumpkin and lie newspaper along the table for protection.
- Holding the pumpkin by the stem, spray the entire surface area until every inch is covered. Allow the pumpkin to dry, and then apply a second coat.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours. Note: The more coats you apply, the darker the color will appear.
- Display on your steps or as a fun indoor decoration!