One of my favorite healthy meals is spaghetti squash! It gives you the satisfaction and fullness of a huge pasta dinner but at about a fourth of the calories and virtually NO carbs!
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with little resistance. Remove squash from oven and let cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, mozzarella, olives, and basil. Enjoy guilt-free!